Yellow Zebra Bike Tours - 2 options
An entertaining bike ride through Budapest's major sights!
Enjoy a leisurely experience and learn about Budapest and the history behind it through an innovative and entertaining bike ride.
Highlights and Themes
- Hungarian History and Culture
- Heroes' Square and City Park (day tour only)
- Inner Pest – Opera, Basilica, Parliament, Chain Bridge, view over Buda Castle
- Buda & Pest promenade bike lanes
- Gellert Square, Liberty bridge, Market hall area & Margit bridge
- Refreshment stop included in the tour (day tour only)
Current prices and availabilities are published on our online reservation system.
Online booking for Day Touronline booking
Online booking for Night Touronline booking
Inclusions: English speaking guide, bike hire and optional helmet included during the tour time. Stops for photos and refreshments. Stop for coffee or beverage and pastry included (in the day tour only).
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages except where noted, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
Please check available dates and times on our online reservation system.
Absolute Tour Center - 1065 Budapest, Lázár utca 16 - just behind the Opera House
Daily Bike Tour: 4 hours
Summer Evening Bike Tour: 3 hours
Budapest's original and most renowned biking tour is an innovative, entertaining, easy and relaxing way to see mostly all the city sights in a more intimate way through our grand roads and bike pathways. An excellent way to first get orientated with the city and its history before heading out on your own to explore. We offer two types of tour – our full day time tour and evening ride. A coffee and traditional Hungarian pastry break is included in the daytime tour.
Day tour: approx. 16 km / 10 miles, flat ride, no elevation.
Evening tour: approx. 10 km / 7 miles, flat ride, no elevation.
Our day time tour begins on Andrassy Boulevard and at the Opera house and then a ride up to the Heroes' Square and City Park along the tree lined boulevard. Here we learn about the Hungarian history and culture before biking through the park to the Vajdahunyad Castle complex built to display the Hungarian architecture forms for the 1896 world Expo and Szechenyi bath house (peek inside if open). Next we ride back to the city centre down to the St. Stephen's Basilica named after the first Hungarian king.
From the Basilica our day and evening tour route is the same.
After seeing the beautiful church and square and we ride to Liberty square for a look at the last Soviet remembrance then on to the Parliament. From the riverbank you can enjoy the UNESCO World Heritage beautiful panorama over the Castle District: Matthias Church, Royal Palace and the Fisherman's Bastion where our guide will explain in details about the sights. We are crossing the Margit Bridge over to the Buda side. Here you'll ride along the banks of the Danube taking in the Chain Bridge, Clark Adam Square, Elizabeth Bridge, Rudas baths and the famous Gellert hotel and baths before crossing the Liberty Bridge back over to the Pest side to see the Grand Market Hall, and passing by the National Museum and the Great Synagogue before turning back onto Andrassy Boulevard and checking out the Opera House before finishing the tour.
During evening tour all of the sights will be seen at dusk and some will even be illuminated, giving great photo opportunities during the stops.
Our bike tours are small and generally do not have more than 15 participants, making them interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions.
- Participants will need to be fit for continuous biking for up to 4 hours.
- Participants must know how to ride a bike.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Refunds/exchanges are not given due to adverse weather.
- We are not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund.
- Booking Terms and Cancellation Points: Programs cancelled within 3 days of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given. No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.